Release notes for Gluster 8.3
Release date: 23-Dec-2020
- Next minor release tentative date: Week of 20th Feb, 2021
- Users are highly encouraged to upgrade to newer releases of GlusterFS.
Highlights of Release
This release contains majorly the bug fixes as described in the issues section.
Builds are available at
Issues addressed in this release
Please find the list of issues added to this release below.
- #1836 posix: Update ret value in posix_get_gfid2path if GF_MALLOC fails
- #1796 afr: call afr_is_lock_mode_mandatory only while xdata is valid
- #1778 volume set: failed: ganesha.enable is already 'off'.
- #1738 [cli] Improper error message on command timeout
- #1699 One brick offline with signal received: 11
- #1663 test case ./tests/bugs/core/bug-1650403.t is getting timed out
- #1601 rfc.sh on release-8 needs to move to github flow
- #1499 why not use JumpConsistentHash to replace SuperFastHash to cho...
- #1438 syncdaemon/syncdutils.py: SyntaxWarning: "is" with a literal. ...
- #1221 features/bit-rot: invalid snprintf() buffer size
- #1060 [bug:789278] Issues reported by Coverity static analysis tool
- #1002 [bug:1679998] GlusterFS can be improved
- #1000 [bug:1193929] GlusterFS can be improved