Release notes for Gluster 3.10.9
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for 3.10.0, 3.10.1, 3.10.2, 3.10.3, 3.10.4, 3.10.5, 3.10.6, 3.10.7 and 3.10.8 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.10 stable release.
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
No Major changes
Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption #1498081 is still pending, and not yet a part of this release.
Brick multiplexing is being tested and fixed aggressively but we still have a few crashes and memory leaks to fix.
Bugs addressed since release-3.10.8 are listed below.
- #1523050: glusterd consuming high memory
- #1529086: fstat returns ENOENT/ESTALE
- #1529089: opening a file that is destination of rename results in ENOENT errors
- #1529096: /usr/sbin/glusterfs crashing on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform node
- #1530341: [snapshot cifs]ls on .snaps directory is throwing input/output error over cifs mount
- #1530450: glustershd fails to start on a volume force start after a brick is down