Release notes for Gluster 3.10.9
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for 3.10.0, 3.10.1, 3.10.2, 3.10.3, 3.10.4, 3.10.5, 3.10.6, 3.10.7 and 3.10.8 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.10 stable release.
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
No Major changes
- Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption #1498081 is still pending, and not yet a part of this release.
- Brick multiplexing is being tested and fixed aggressively but we still have a few crashes and memory leaks to fix.
Bugs addressed since release-3.10.8 are listed below.
- #1523050: glusterd consuming high memory
- #1529086: fstat returns ENOENT/ESTALE
- #1529089: opening a file that is destination of rename results in ENOENT errors
- #1529096: /usr/sbin/glusterfs crashing on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform node
- #1530341: [snapshot cifs]ls on .snaps directory is throwing input/output error over cifs mount
- #1530450: glustershd fails to start on a volume force start after a brick is down