Release notes for Gluster 3.11.3
This is possibly the last bugfix release for 3.11, as 3.12 is expected to be released around end of August, 2017, which will hence EOL the 3.11 release, as it is a short term maintenence release (see release status).
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
There are no major features or changes made in this release.
Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption (Bug #1465123) has a fix with the 3.11.2 release. As further testing is still in progress, the issue is retained as a major issue.
- Status of this bug can be tracked here, #1465123
Bugs addressed since release-3.11.2 are listed below.
- #1475637: [Scale] : Client logs flooded with "inode context is NULL" error messages
- #1476822: scripts: invalid test in S32gluster_enable_shared_storage.sh
- #1476870: [EC]: md5sum mismatches every time for a file from the fuse client on EC volume
- #1476873: packaging: /var/lib/glusterd/options should be %config(noreplace)
- #1479656: Permission denied errors when appending files after readdir
- #1479692: Running sysbench on vm disk from plain distribute gluster volume causes disk corruption