Release notes for Gluster 3.12.5
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for 3.12.0, 3.12.1, 3.12.2, 3.12.3, 3.12.4, 3.12.5 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.12 stable release.
Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption #1465123 is still pending, and not yet part of this release.
A total of 12 patches have been merged, addressing 11 bugs
- #1489043: The number of bytes of the quota specified in version 3.7 or later is incorrect
- #1511301: In distribute volume after glusterd restart, brick goes offline
- #1525850: rdma transport may access an obsolete item in gf_rdma_device_t->all_mr, and causes glusterfsd/glusterfs process crash.
- #1527276: feature/bitrot: remove internal xattrs from lookup cbk
- #1529085: fstat returns ENOENT/ESTALE
- #1529088: opening a file that is destination of rename results in ENOENT errors
- #1529095: /usr/sbin/glusterfs crashing on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform node
- #1529539: JWT support without external dependency
- #1530448: glustershd fails to start on a volume force start after a brick is down
- #1530455: Files are not rebalanced if destination brick(available size) is of smaller size than source brick(available size)
- #1531372: Use after free in cli_cmd_volume_create_cbk