Fixing issues reported by tools for static code analysis
Static Code Analysis Tools
Bug fixes for issues reported by Static Code Analysis Tools should follow Development Work Flow
GlusterFS is part of Coverity's scan program.
- To see Coverity issues you have to be a member of the GlusterFS project in Coverity scan website.
- Here is the link to Coverity scan website
- Go to above link and subscribe to GlusterFS project (as contributor). It will send a request to Admin for including you in the Project.
- Once admins for the GlusterFS Coverity scan approve your request, you will be able to see the defects raised by Coverity.
- BZ 789278 can be used as a umbrella bug for Coverity issues in master branch unless you are trying to fix a specific bug in Bugzilla.
- When you decide to work on some issue, please assign it to your name in the same Coverity website. So that we don't step on each others work.
- When marking a bug intentional in Coverity scan website, please put an explanation for the same. So that it will help others to understand the reasoning behind it.
If you have more questions please send it to gluster-devel mailing list
Cppcheck is available in Fedora and EL's EPEL repo
dnf install cppcheck
Clone GlusterFS code
git clone https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs
Run Cpp check
cppcheck glusterfs/ 2>cppcheck.log
We now have daily runs of various static source code analysis tools on the glusterfs sources. There are daily analyses of the master and on currently supported branches.
Results are posted at http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/static-analysis/