Release notes for Gluster 5.6
NOTE: Next minor release tentative date: Week of 10th June, 2019
NOTE: Release 5.4 was never announced as there was a fix which prevented rolling upgrades from working correctly. Hence this release notes contains a skip from 5.3 till 5.5 in terms of issues addressed and also addresses the issue were rolling upgrades were broken.
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
Several users had issues around increased network usage after upgrading to 5.x release, this issue was tracked against bug#1673058 and is now addressed as a part of this minor release.
Bugs addressed since release-5.5 are listed below.
- #1673058: Network throughput usage increased x5
- #1690952: lots of "Matching lock not found for unlock xxx" when using disperse (ec) xlator
- #1694562: gfapi: do not block epoll thread for upcall notifications
- #1694612: glusterd leaking memory when issued gluster vol status all tasks continuosly
- #1695391: GF_LOG_OCCASSIONALLY API doesn't log at first instance
- #1695403: rm -rf fails with "Directory not empty"
- #1696147: Multiple shd processes are running on brick_mux environmet