Release notes for Gluster 3.12.4
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for 3.12.0, 3.12.1,
3.12.2, 3.12.3, 3.12.4 contain a listing of all
the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.12 stable release.
- Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are
expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there
are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption #1465123 is still pending, and not yet
part of this release.
A total of 13 patches have been merged, addressing 12 bugs
- #1478411: Directory listings on fuse mount are very slow due to small number of getdents() entries
- #1511782: In Replica volume 2*2 when quorum is set, after glusterd restart nfs server is coming up instead of self-heal daemon
- #1512432: Test bug-1483058-replace-brick-quorum-validation.t fails inconsistently
- #1513258: NetBSD port
- #1514380: default timeout of 5min not honored for analyzing split-brain files post setfattr replica.split-brain-heal-finalize
- #1514420: gluster volume splitbrain info needs to display output of each brick in a stream fashion instead of buffering and dumping at the end
- #1515042: bug-1247563.t is failing on master
- #1516691: Rebalance fails on NetBSD because fallocate is not implemented
- #1517689: Memory leak in locks xlator
- #1518061: Remove 'summary' option from 'gluster vol heal..' CLI
- #1523048: glusterd consuming high memory
- #1523455: Store allocated objects in the mem_acct