Release notes for Gluster 3.10.6
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for 3.10.0 , 3.10.1, 3.10.2, 3.10.3, 3.10.4 and 3.10.5 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.10 stable release.
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
No Major changes
Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption #1498081 is still pending, and not yet a part of this release.
Brick multiplexing is being tested and fixed aggressively but we still have a few crashes and memory leaks to fix.
Bugs addressed since release-3.10.5 are listed below.
- #1467010: Fd based fops fail with EBADF on file migration
- #1481394: libgfapi: memory leak in glfs_h_acl_get
- #1482857: glusterd fails to start
- #1483997: packaging: use rdma-core(-devel) instead of ibverbs, rdmacm; disable rdma on armv7hl
- #1484443: packaging: /run and /var/run; prefer /run
- #1486542: "ganesha.so cannot open" warning message in glusterd log in non ganesha setup.
- #1487042: AFR returns the node uuid of the same node for every file in the replica
- #1487647: with AFR now making both nodes to return UUID for a file will result in georep consuming more resources
- #1488391: gluster-blockd process crashed and core generated
- #1488719: [RHHI] cannot boot vms created from template when disk format = qcow2
- #1490909: [Ganesha] : Unable to bring up a Ganesha HA cluster on SELinux disabled machines on latest gluster bits.
- #1491166: GlusterD returns a bad memory pointer in glusterd_get_args_from_dict()
- #1491691: rpc: TLSv1_2_method() is deprecated in OpenSSL-1.1
- #1491966: AFR entry self heal removes a directory's .glusterfs symlink.
- #1491985: Add NULL gfid checks before creating file
- #1491995: afr: check op_ret value in __afr_selfheal_name_impunge
- #1492010: Launch metadata heal in discover code path.
- #1495430: Make event-history feature configurable and have it disabled by default
- #1496321: [afr] split-brain observed on T files post hardlink and rename in x3 volume
- #1497122: Crash in dht_check_and_open_fd_on_subvol_task()