Release notes for Gluster 3.10.4
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
- No Major changes
Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- Status of this bug can be tracked here, #1426508
Brick multiplexing is being tested and fixed aggressively but we still have a few crashes and memory leaks to fix.
- Another rebalance related bug is being worked upon #1467010
A total of 18 patches have been merged, addressing 13 bugs:
- #1457732: "split-brain observed [Input/output error]" error messages in samba logs during parallel rm -rf
- #1459760: Glusterd segmentation fault in ' _Unwind_Backtrace' while running peer probe
- #1460649: posix-acl: Whitelist virtual ACL xattrs
- #1460914: Rebalance estimate time sometimes shows negative values
- #1460993: Revert CLI restrictions on running rebalance in VM store use case
- #1461019: [Ganesha] : Grace period is not being adhered to on RHEL 7.4; Clients continue running IO even during grace.
- #1462080: [Bitrot]: Inconsistency seen with 'scrub ondemand' - fails to trigger scrub
- #1463623: [Ganesha]Bricks got crashed while running posix compliance test suit on V4 mount
- #1463641: [Ganesha] Ganesha service failed to start on new node added in existing ganeshacluster
- #1464078: with AFR now making both nodes to return UUID for a file will result in georep consuming more resources
- #1466852: assorted typos and spelling mistakes from Debian lintian
- #1466863: dht_rename_lock_cbk crashes in upstream regression test
- #1467269: Heal info shows incorrect status