Release notes for Gluster 8.1
This is a Improvements and bugfix release. The release notes for 8.0 contains a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 8 stable release.
NOTE: Next minor release tentative date: Week of 20th Sep, 2020
Improvements and Highlights
Below improvements have been added to this minor release.
- Performance improvement over the creation of large files - VM disks in oVirt by bringing down trivial lookups of non-existent shards. Issue (#1425)
- Fsync in the replication module uses eager-lock functionality which improves the performance of VM workloads with an improvement of more than 50% in small-block of approximately 4kb with write heavy workloads. Issue (#1253)
Builds are available at
Issues addressed in this release
Please find the list of issues added to this release below.
- #763 thin-arbiter: Testing report
- #1217 Modify group "virt" to add rpc/network related changes
- #1250 geo-rep: Fix corner case in rename on mkdir during hybrid crawl
- #1281 Unlinking the file with open fd, returns ENOENT or stale file ...
- #1348 Fuse mount crashes in shard translator when truncating a *real...
- #1351 issue with gf_fill_iatt_for_dirent()
- #1352 api: libgfapi symbol versions break LTO in Fedora rawhide/f33
- #1354 High CPU utilization by self-heal on disperse volumes with no ...
- #1385 High CPU utilization by self-heal on disperse volumes when an ...
- #1396 [bug-1851989] smallfile performance drops after commit the pat...
- #1407 glusterd keep crashing when upgrading from 6.5 to 7.7
- #1418 GlusterFS 8.0: Intermittent error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_G...
- #1440 glusterfs 7.7 fuse client memory leak