Release Notes for GlusterFS 3.5.1
This is mostly a bugfix release. The Release Notes for 3.5.0 contain a listing of all the new features that were added.
There are two notable changes that are not only bug fixes, or documentation additions:
- a new volume option
server.manage-gidshas been added This option should be used when users of a volume are in more than approximately 93 groups (Bug 1096425)
- Duplicate Request Cache for NFS has now been disabled by default, this may reduce performance for certain workloads, but improves the overall stability and memory footprint for most users
- 765202: lgetxattr called with invalid keys on the bricks
- 833586: inodelk hang from marker_rename_release_newp_lock
- 859581: self-heal process can sometimes create directories instead of symlinks for the root gfid file in .glusterfs
- 986429: Backupvolfile server option should work internal to GlusterFS framework
- 1039544: [FEAT] "gluster volume heal info" should list the entries that actually required to be healed.
- 1046624: Unable to heal symbolic Links
- 1046853: AFR : For every file self-heal there are warning messages reported in glustershd.log file
- 1063190: Volume was not accessible after server side quorum was met
- 1064096: The old Python Translator code (not Glupy) should be removed
- 1066996: Using sanlock on a gluster mount with replica 3 (quorum-type auto) leads to a split-brain
- 1071191: [3.5.1] Sporadic SIGBUS with mmap() on a sparse file created with open(), seek(), write()
- 1078061: Need ability to heal mismatching user extended attributes without any changelogs
- 1078365: New xlators are linked as versioned .so files, creating
- 1086743: Add documentation for the Feature: RDMA-connection manager (RDMA-CM)
- 1086748: Add documentation for the Feature: AFR CLI enhancements
- 1086749: Add documentation for the Feature: Exposing Volume Capabilities
- 1086750: Add documentation for the Feature: File Snapshots in GlusterFS
- 1086751: Add documentation for the Feature: gfid-access
- 1086752: Add documentation for the Feature: On-Wire Compression/Decompression
- 1086754: Add documentation for the Feature: Quota Scalability
- 1086755: Add documentation for the Feature: readdir-ahead
- 1086756: Add documentation for the Feature: zerofill API for GlusterFS
- 1086758: Add documentation for the Feature: Changelog based parallel geo-replication
- 1086760: Add documentation for the Feature: Write Once Read Many (WORM) volume
- 1086762: Add documentation for the Feature: BD Xlator - Block Device translator
- 1086766: Add documentation for the Feature: Libgfapi
- 1086774: Add documentation for the Feature: Access Control List - Version 3 support for Gluster NFS
- 1086781: Add documentation for the Feature: Eager locking
- 1086782: Add documentation for the Feature: glusterfs and oVirt integration
- 1086783: Add documentation for the Feature: qemu 1.3 - libgfapi integration
- 1088848: Spelling errors in rpc/rpc-transport/rdma/src/rdma.c
- 1089054: gf-error-codes.h is missing from source tarball
- 1089470: SMB: Crash on brick process during compile kernel.
- 1089934: list dir with more than N files results in Input/output error
- 1091340: Doc: Add glfs_fini known issue to release notes 3.5
- 1091392: glusterfs.spec.in: minor/nit changes to sync with Fedora spec
- 1095256: Excessive logging from self-heal daemon, and bricks
- 1095595: Stick to IANA standard while allocating brick ports
- 1095775: Add support in libgfapi to fetch volume info from glusterd.
- 1095971: Stopping/Starting a Gluster volume resets ownership
- 1096040: AFR : self-heal-daemon not clearing the change-logs of all the sources after self-heal
- 1096425: i/o error when one user tries to access RHS volume over NFS with 100+ GIDs
- 1099878: Need support for handle based Ops to fetch/modify extended attributes of a file
- 1101647: gluster volume heal volname statistics heal-count not giving desired output.
- 1102306: license: xlators/features/glupy dual license GPLv2 and LGPLv3+
- 1103413: Failure in gf_log_init reopening stderr
- 1104592: heal info may give Success instead of transport end point not connected when a brick is down.
- 1104915: glusterfsd crashes while doing stress tests
- 1104919: Fix memory leaks in gfid-access xlator.
- 1104959: Dist-geo-rep : some of the files not accessible on slave after the geo-rep sync from master to slave.
- 1105188: Two instances each, of brick processes, glusterfs-nfs and quotad seen after glusterd restart
- 1105524: Disable nfs.drc by default
- 1107937: quota-anon-fd-nfs.t fails spuriously
- 1109832: I/O fails for for glusterfs 3.4 AFR clients accessing servers upgraded to glusterfs 3.5
- 1110777: glusterfsd OOM - using all memory when quota is enabled
The following configuration changes are necessary for qemu and samba integration with libgfapi to work seamlessly:
gluster volume set
- restarting the volume is necessary
gluster volume stop
gluster volume start ~~~
/etc/glusterfs/glusterd.volto contain this line: ~~~ option rpc-auth-allow-insecure on ~~~
- restarting glusterd is necessary ~~~ service glusterd restart ~~~
More details are also documented in the Gluster Wiki on the Libgfapi with qemu libvirt page.
For Block Device translator based volumes open-behind translator at the client side needs to be disabled.
libgfapi clients calling
glfs_finibefore a successfull
glfs_initwill cause the client to hang has been reported by QEMU developers. The workaround is NOT to call
glfs_finifor error cases encountered before a successfull
glfs_init. Follow Bug 1091335 to get informed when a release is made available that contains a final fix.
server.manage-gids, the volume needs to be stopped and started again to have the option enabled in the brick processes
gluster volume stop <volname> gluster volume start <volname>