Release notes for Gluster 3.10.2
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
- Many bugs brick multiplexing and nfs-ganesha+ha bugs have been addressed.
- Rebalance and remove brick operations have been disabled for sharded volumes to prevent data corruption.
Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- Status of this bug can be tracked here, #1426508
A total of 63 patches have been merged, addressing 46 bugs:
- #1437854: Spellcheck issues reported during Debian build
- #1425726: Stale export entries in ganesha.conf after executing "gluster nfs-ganesha disable"
- #1427079: [Ganesha] : unexport fails if export configuration file is not present
- #1440148: common-ha (debian/ubuntu): ganesha-ha.sh has a hard-coded /usr/libexec/ganesha...
- #1443478: RFE: Support to update NFS-Ganesha export options dynamically
- #1443490: [Nfs-ganesha] Refresh config fails when ganesha cluster is in failover mode.
- #1441474: synclocks don't work correctly under contention
- #1449002: [Brick Multiplexing] : Bricks for multiple volumes going down after glusterd restart and not coming back up after volume start force
- #1438813: Segmentation fault when creating a qcow2 with qemu-img
- #1438423: [Ganesha + EC] : Input/Output Error while creating LOTS of smallfiles
- #1444540: rm -rf \<dir> returns ENOTEMPTY even though ls on the mount point returns no files
- #1446227: Incorrect and redundant logs in the DHT rmdir code path
- #1447608: Don't allow rebalance/fix-layout operation on sharding enabled volumes till dht+sharding bugs are fixed
- #1448864: Seeing error "Failed to get the total number of files. Unable to estimate time to complete rebalance" in rebalance logs
- #1443349: [Eventing]: Unrelated error message displayed when path specified during a 'webhook-test/add' is missing a schema
- #1441576: [geo-rep]: rsync should not try to sync internal xattrs
- #1441927: [geo-rep]: Worker crashes with [Errno 16] Device or resource busy: '.gfid/00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001/dir.166 while renaming directories
- #1401877: [GANESHA] Symlinks from /etc/ganesha/ganesha.conf to shared_storage are created on the non-ganesha nodes in 8 node gluster having 4 node ganesha cluster
- #1425723: nfs-ganesha volume export file remains stale in shared_storage_volume when volume is deleted
- #1427759: nfs-ganesha: Incorrect error message returned when disable fails
- #1438325: Need to improve remove-brick failure message when the brick process is down.
- #1438338: glusterd is setting replicate volume property over disperse volume or vice versa
- #1438340: glusterd is not validating for allowed values while setting "cluster.brick-multiplex" property
- #1441476: Glusterd crashes when restarted with many volumes
- #1444128: [BrickMultiplex] gluster command not responding and .snaps directory is not visible after executing snapshot related command
- #1445260: [GANESHA] Volume start and stop having ganesha enable on it,turns off cache-invalidation on volume
- #1445408: gluster volume stop hangs
- #1449934: Brick Multiplexing :- resetting a brick bring down other bricks with same PID
- #1435779: Inode ref leak on anonymous reads and writes
- #1440278: [GSS] NFS Sub-directory mount not working on solaris10 client
- #1450378: GNFS crashed while taking lock on a file from 2 different clients having same volume mounted from 2 different servers
- #1449779: quota: limit-usage command failed with error " Failed to start aux mount"
- #1450564: glfsheal: crashed(segfault) with disperse volume in RDMA
- #1443501: Don't wind post-op on a brick where the fop phase failed.
- #1444892: When either killing or restarting a brick with performance.stat-prefetch on, stat sometimes returns a bad st_size value.
- #1449169: Multiple bricks WILL crash after TCP port probing
- #1440805: Update rfc.sh to check Change-Id consistency for backports
- #1443010: snapshot: snapshots appear to be failing with respect to secure geo-rep slave
- #1445209: snapshot: Unable to take snapshot on a geo-replicated volume, even after stopping the session
- #1444773: explicitly specify executor to be bash for tests
- #1445407: remove bug-1421590-brick-mux-reuse-ports.t
- #1440742: Test files clean up for tier during 3.10
- #1448790: [Tiering]: High and low watermark values when set to the same level, is allowed
- #1435942: Enabling parallel-readdir causes dht linkto files to be visible on the mount,
- #1437763: File-level WORM allows ftruncate() on read-only files
- #1439148: Parallel readdir on Gluster NFS displays less number of dentries