Release notes for Gluster 3.10.5
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for 3.10.0 , 3.10.1, 3.10.2, 3.10.3 and 3.10.4 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.10 stable release.
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
No Major changes
- Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption #1467010 has a fix with this release. As further testing is still in progress, the issue is retained as a major issue.
- Brick multiplexing is being tested and fixed aggressively but we still have a few crashes and memory leaks to fix.
Bugs addressed since release-3.10.4 are listed below.
- #1467010: Fd based fops fail with EBADF on file migration
- #1468126: disperse seek does not correctly handle the end of file
- #1468198: [Geo-rep]: entry failed to sync to slave with ENOENT errror
- #1470040: packaging: Upgrade glusterfs-ganesha sometimes fails to semanage ganesha_use_fusefs
- #1470488: gluster volume status --xml fails when there are 100 volumes
- #1471028: glusterfs process leaking memory when error occurs
- #1471612: metadata heal not happening despite having an active sink
- #1471870: cthon04 can cause segfault in gNFS/NLM
- #1471917: [GANESHA] Ganesha setup creation fails due to selinux blocking some services required for setup creation
- #1472446: packaging: save ganesha config files in (/var)/run/gluster/shared_storage/nfs-ganesha
- #1473129: dht/rebalance: Improve rebalance crawl performance
- #1473132: dht/cluster: rebalance/remove-brick should honor min-free-disk
- #1473133: dht/cluster: rebalance/remove-brick should honor min-free-disk
- #1473134: The rebal-throttle setting does not work as expected
- #1473136: rebalance: Allow admin to change thread count for rebalance
- #1473137: dht: Make throttle option "normal" value uniform across dht_init and dht_reconfigure
- #1473140: Fix on demand file migration from client
- #1473141: cluster/dht: Fix hardlink migration failures
- #1475638: [Scale] : Client logs flooded with "inode context is NULL" error messages
- #1476212: [geo-rep]: few of the self healed hardlinks on master did not sync to slave
- #1478498: scripts: invalid test in S32gluster_enable_shared_storage.sh
- #1478499: packaging: /var/lib/glusterd/options should be %config(noreplace)
- #1480594: nfs process crashed in "nfs3_getattr"