Release notes for Gluster 3.10.8
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for 3.10.0 , 3.10.1, 3.10.2, 3.10.3, 3.10.4, 3.10.5, 3.10.6 and 3.10.7 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.10 stable release.
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
No Major changes
Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption #1498081 is still pending, and not yet a part of this release.
Brick multiplexing is being tested and fixed aggressively but we still have a few crashes and memory leaks to fix.
Bugs addressed since release-3.10.7 are listed below.
- #1507749: clean up port map on brick disconnect
- #1507752: Brick port mismatch
- #1507880: reset-brick commit force failed with glusterd_volume_brickinfo_get Returning -1
- #1508036: Address lstat usage in glusterd-snapshot.c code
- #1514388: default timeout of 5min not honored for analyzing split-brain files post setfattr replica.split-brain-heal-finalize
- #1514424: gluster volume splitbrain info needs to display output of each brick in a stream fashion instead of buffering and dumping at the end
- #1517682: Memory leak in locks xlator