Release notes for Gluster 3.12.6
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for 3.12.0, 3.12.1, 3.12.2, 3.12.3, 3.12.4, 3.12.5, 3.12.5 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.12 stable release.
- Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption #1465123 is still pending, and not yet part of this release.
A total of 16 patches have been merged, addressing 16 bugs
- #1510342: Not all files synced using geo-replication
- #1533269: Random GlusterFSD process dies during rebalance
- #1534847: entries not getting cleared post healing of softlinks (stale entries showing up in heal info)
- #1536334: [Disperse] Implement open fd heal for disperse volume
- #1537346: glustershd/glusterd is not using right port when connecting to glusterfsd process
- #1539516: DHT log messages: Found anomalies in (null) (gfid = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000). Holes=1 overlaps=0
- #1540224: dht_(f)xattrop does not implement migration checks
- #1541267: dht_layout_t leak in dht_populate_inode_for_dentry
- #1541930: A down brick is incorrectly considered to be online and makes the volume to be started without any brick available
- #1542054: tests/bugs/cli/bug-1169302.t fails spuriously
- #1542475: Random failures in tests/bugs/nfs/bug-974972.t
- #1542601: The used space in the volume increases when the volume is expanded
- #1542615: tests/bugs/core/multiplex-limit-issue-151.t fails sometimes in upstream master
- #1542826: Mark tests/bugs/posix/bug-990028.t bad on release-3.12
- #1542934: Seeing timer errors in the rebalance logs
- #1543016: dht_lookup_unlink_of_false_linkto_cbk fails with "Permission denied"
- #1544637: 3.8 -> 3.10 rolling upgrade fails (same for 3.12 or 3.13) on Ubuntu 14