Release notes for Gluster 5.8
NOTE: The 5.7 is dead by release due to #1728988 The packages weren't released. Please use 5.8. Next minor release tentative date: Week of 10th August, 2019
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
A issue that was blocking the build was addressed #1728988
Bugs addressed since release-5.6 are listed below.
- #1717282: ec ignores lock contention notifications for partially acquired locks
- #1629877: GlusterFS can be improved (clone for Gluster-5)
- #1695399: With parallel-readdir enabled, deleting a directory containing stale linkto files fails with "Directory not empty"
- #1699500: fix truncate lock to cover the write in tuncate clean
- #1699736: Fops hang when inodelk fails on the first fop
#1707198: VM stuck in a shutdown because of a pending fuse request
#1720634: Upcall: Avoid sending upcalls for invalid Inode
- #1720636: Ganesha-gfapi logs are flooded with error messages related to "gf_uuid_is_null(gfid)) [Invalid argument]" when lookups are running from multiple clients
- #1721106: Failed to create volume which transport_type is "tcp,rdma"
- #1728988: release-5.7 glupy is not getting built during packaging.