Release notes for Gluster 3.10.7
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for 3.10.0 , 3.10.1, 3.10.2, 3.10.3, 3.10.4, 3.10.5 and 3.10.6 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.10 stable release.
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
No Major changes
- Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption #1498081 is still pending, and not yet a part of this release.
- Brick multiplexing is being tested and fixed aggressively but we still have a few crashes and memory leaks to fix.
Bugs addressed since release-3.10.6 are listed below.
- #1480788: File-level WORM allows mv over read-only files
- #1491059: PID File handling: brick pid file leaves stale pid and brick fails to start when glusterd is started
- #1496321: [afr] split-brain observed on T files post hardlink and rename in x3 volume
- #1497990: Gluster 3.10.x Packages require manual systemctl daemon reload after install
- #1499890: md-cache uses incorrect xattr keynames for GF_POSIX_ACL keys
- #1499893: md-cache: xattr values should not be checked with string functions
- #1501955: gfapi: API needed to set lk_owner
- #1502928: Mishandling null check at send_brick_req of glusterfsd/src/gf_attach.c
- #1503405: Potential use of NULL
thisvariable before it gets initialized