Release notes for Gluster 3.10.7
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for 3.10.0 , 3.10.1, 3.10.2, 3.10.3, 3.10.4, 3.10.5 and 3.10.6 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.10 stable release.
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
No Major changes
Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption #1498081 is still pending, and not yet a part of this release.
Brick multiplexing is being tested and fixed aggressively but we still have a few crashes and memory leaks to fix.
Bugs addressed since release-3.10.6 are listed below.
- #1480788: File-level WORM allows mv over read-only files
- #1491059: PID File handling: brick pid file leaves stale pid and brick fails to start when glusterd is started
- #1496321: [afr] split-brain observed on T files post hardlink and rename in x3 volume
- #1497990: Gluster 3.10.x Packages require manual systemctl daemon reload after install
- #1499890: md-cache uses incorrect xattr keynames for GF_POSIX_ACL keys
- #1499893: md-cache: xattr values should not be checked with string functions
- #1501955: gfapi: API needed to set lk_owner
- #1502928: Mishandling null check at send_brick_req of glusterfsd/src/gf_attach.c
- #1503405: Potential use of NULL
thisvariable before it gets initialized