Release notes for Gluster 6.8
NOTE: Tentative date for next minor release: Week of 30th April, 2020
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
Bugs addressed since release-6.7 are listed below.
- #1786754: Functionality to enable log rotation for user serviceable snapshot's logs.
- #1786983: Rebalance is causing glusterfs crash on client node
- #1789337: glusterfs process memory leak in ior test
- #1790445: glusterfind pre output file is empty
- #1790449: S57glusterfind-delete-post.py not python3 ready (does not decode bytestring)
- #1790850: Remove extra argument
- #1792857: Memory corruption when sending events to an IPv6 host
- #1793096: gf_event doesn't work for glfsheal process
- #1794020: Mounts fails after reboot of 1/3 gluster nodes
- #1797985: Brick logs inundated with [2019-04-27 22:14:53.378047] I [dict.c:541:dict_get] (-->/usr/lib64/glusterfs/6.0/xlator/features/worm.so(+0x7241) [0x7fe857bb3241] -->/usr/lib64/glusterfs/6.0/xlator/features/locks.so(+0x1c219) [0x7fe857dda219] [Invalid argumen
- #1804546: [Thin-arbiter] : Wait for connection with TA node before sending lookup/create of ta-replica id file
- #1804594: Heal pending on volume, even after all the bricks are up
- #1805097: Changes to self-heal logic w.r.t. detecting metadata split-brains
- #1805671: Memory corruption when glfs_init() is called after glfs_fini()
- #1806836: [EC] shd crashed while heal failed due to out of memory error.
- #1806838: Disperse volume : Ganesha crash with IO in 4+2 config when one glusterfsd restart every 600s
- #1807786: seeing error message in glustershd.log on volume start(or may be as part of shd graph regeneration) inet_pton failed with return code 0 [Invalid argument]
- #1807793: glusterfs-libs: usage of inet_addr() may impact IPv6