Release notes for Gluster 8.4
Release date: 01-Mar-2021
NOTE: - Next minor release tentative date: Week of 20th Apr, 2021 - Users are highly encouraged to upgrade to newer releases of GlusterFS.
Highlights of Release
- Healing data in 1MB chunks instead of 128KB for improving healing performance #2067
Builds are available at
Issues addressed in this release
Please find the list of issues added to this release below.
- #2154 "Operation not supported" doing a chmod on a symlink
- #2107 mount crashes when setfattr -n distribute.fix.layout -v "yes"...
- #1991 mdcache: bug causes getxattr() to report ENODATA when fetchin...
- #1925 dht_pt_getxattr does not seem to handle virtual xattrs.
- #1539 fuse mount crashes on graph-switch when reader-thread-count i...
- #1529 Fix regression in on demand migration feature
- #1406 shared storage volume fails to mount in ipv6 environment